- The main purpose of this Publication Policy, Guidelines and Regulations is to assist the USIM Publication Committee and USIM Publisher in undertaking its function and responsibility effectively and efficiently to develop and nurture quality academic publication at the University. At the same time, it aims to provide accurate information for authors who are interested in publishing their works with USIM Publisher.
The objectives of the Publication Policy, Guidelines and Regulations are as follows:
- To increase the number and quality of Malay, English and Arabic academic book and publication.
- To uphold the excellence of knowledge in the form of academic book publication.
- To establish USIM Publisher as an excellent and respected publisher in the field of academic publication.
- To offer professional publication services such as editing, graphics designing, typesetting, and managing publication for USIM’s staff and other clients.
- To operate as an income generating entity through the sale of books and other products.
- To increase the number of academic publication in the field of Islamic science, Islamic finance and other related sciences (Islamic lifestyle, Islamic tourism, halal issues, etc)
- To increase web-based electronic publication of books (e-pub).
- To promote wider access to USIM publications nationally and internationally.
- To expand networking and linkages with reputable publishers nationally and internationally in terms of copyright sales and cooperative publication of books and e-books.
- To increase the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing management including online purchasing of books (online bookstore).